13 Aug 2017
Best of the Best Unity Assets
- MegaScans.se – Awesome photogrammetry based models
- HQ Photographic Textures Grass Vol 1 – Turboscalpeurs grasses are best on store.
- HQ Photographic Textures Grass Vol 2 – Another beautiful grass pack.
- DeepSky Haze – Very nice atmospheric scattering.
- Fog Volume 3 – Very nice fog system can be used for clouds as well.
- Volumetric Fog & Mist – Another very nice fog system.
Fly Throughs & Show Off
- Pegasus (YouTube Playlist) – So you created your awesome scene and now you want to show it off! Pegasus makes this a breeze – and when coupled with Helios you can easily render super high quality videos to put on Youtube. By the way, if it was screen shots you wanted.. did you know that Gaia has a cool screen shotting system built in.. just hit F12 on your scene and its done!
Lighting & Weather
- Enviro Sky & Weather – Very nice profile based lighting and weather system.
- Tenkoku Dynamic Sky – Also a very nice weather and lighting system.
Post Processing FX
- Beautify – Pretty and powerful Post FX package.
- Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion – Fantastic & fast ambient occlusion.
- SE Screen-Space Shadows – Fantastic and fast shadows for grass.
- Unity Post Processing Stack – Number one go to for post processing – and FREE!
- R.A.M – River Auto Material – the best river tool for unity by orders of magnitude.
- Gaia (YouTube Playlist) – Simple, deep, powerful. Best rated terrain tool on the asset store for good reason 🙂
- CTS (YouTube Playlist) – Powerful and super easy to use – profile based terrain shading system. Unity 2017 finalist in category of best asset store tools.
- Bitmap2Material – Great tool for creating tileable PBR textures.
- GameTextures.com – Great texture site.
- Megascans.se – Awesome photogrammetry collection.
- Poliigon.com – Another great texture site.
- SpeedTree Desktop Trees Pack – Great starter pack of trees.
- Vegetation Studio – Easy to use and very powerful. This incredible system uses instancing to finally make it possible to do large and rich natural environments in Unity. IMHO one of the best assets on the store and an essential part of my work flow!